Friday 4 March 2011

TGIF... Let the Lounging Begin!

First off, I’d like to thank my co-founder LG for her succinct introduction and definition of lounging - when writing my inaugural post, I didn’t consider the fact that many of you are probably new to the idea of lounging as a surefire, certified pass time and semi-competitive sport - how rude of me. Now if we’re going down the historical route, I think it makes sense to talk a little bit about how and why this blog and entire concept were founded. It all started with LG’s trip to the optometrist about a month ago. When she told me the story of how her eye doctor asked what her hobbies were (presumably to figure out how often she stared at a screen), all she could think of was hanging with friends, chilling, watching TV... essentially, all-encompassing “lounging”, for lack of a better word. From this was born a true love and dedication to the art of lounging (yes, it is one of the few hobbies that is both an sport and an art... kind of like ballet, if you will), and hence this blog to document our passion.
Before you get to know us, it is important to note that LG and I have different lounging habits. I busy myself with far too much so I get less quality lounging time than she does, but I consider myself to lounge extremely hard in the allotted lounging time that I do have even though it’s not much at all. LG, on the other hand, is a seasoned professional - on the west coast where I’m originally from (hence my innate lounging-oriented nature), lifestyles tend to be more laidback and lounge friendly so there is more opportunity for practice... you can imagine that as a finance/math student with far too much extracurricular involvement that fitting a solid daily lounge in might be a struggle. Furthermore, I live in Quebec, and French people hate lounging, so that cramps my style as well. Cases in point:


Jean Chretien: Most uptight buddy in the world.
Jacques Cartier: He, like, discovered Canada or some shit... clearly not a lounger.
Celine Dion: Posing as an Anglophone lounger. Don't let that fool you.

Further to our geographical differences, LG and I also lounge in very different attire - as you can see from her previous post, she’s more about the leggings but I dig the classic PJ pants for solo lounging. I’ll have more on my PJs soon. Enough about us - all of that suffices to say that although we have different lounging styles, we lounge amazingly together. All right, enough lounging for me... back to the real world (actually the real one, sadly not the MTV lounging-inducing variety). Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment